Are you prepared to travel to the United States?
The U.S. Government requires residents of many countries to obtain a temporary visa before entering the United States. The visa application process may increase the length of time required to receive your visa, so it is very important to apply for your visa at least 90 days prior to your departure. The information below provides important links and details that should make the process easier for you.
Please contact ISSA if you need assistance.
Visa Application Tips
- Review the S. Department of State website.
- Apply for your visa as early as possible and at least 90 days prior to your departure date. Make this a priority!
- Obtain a Letter of Invitation from ISSA (see instructions below)
- Check your passport expiration date to make sure it will be valid for at least six more months.
- If you already have a visa, check the expiration date to make sure it will not expire before your trip is completed.
Requesting a Letter of Invitation From ISSA
- First, you must register for the trade show online.
- International guests will be asked if they need a Letter of Invitation. You will have the option to select “Yes” or “No.”
- The registration system will ask you a series of questions and generate a Letter of Invitation.
- You can print the letter by completing your registration and visiting your Registration Dashboard. You will then submit the letter along with your visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
- Complete one request for each person requiring a Letter of Invitation.
- Only requests submitted via the online registration system will be processed. Obtaining a Letter of Invitation from ISSA will not guarantee that you will be approved for a visa. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant’s intended purpose to travel. U.S. Embassy officers look at the totality of an applicant’s personal situation in determining visa eligibility.