Big Things Happen Here
Dallas, a modern metropolis in north Texas, is the proud host of ISSA Show North America 2018. It’s been more than 10 years since ISSA held its annual trade show and convention deep in the heart of Texas and in that decade, the city has seen its downtown area transformed.
At the 2017 show, ISSA-TV caught up with Renee McKenney, chief experience officer for Visit Dallas, and asked her what attendees and exhibitors alike could look forward to when the show hits her city this fall.
Dallas is a cultural and commercial hub and is home to many “diverse, thriving neighborhoods.” Explore those neighborhoods through the DTX Series from Visit Dallas. This series explores the various bars, restaurants, and venues the city has to offer.
There are plenty of neighborhoods to explore, so be sure to check out the whole series.
Things to Do
After a day filled with innovation on the trade show floor, take some time to see what the city of Dallas has to offer at night. From bars to comedy clubs, there is something for everyone. If you need some help finding something to do, try one of these suggestions:
Food and Drink
- Food Tours of America: This Dallas walking tour is for those short on time, not appetite, so come hungry and eat your way through several West Village Dallas restaurants.
- Katy Trail Ice House: Located next to the Katy Trail, this Austin-styled beer garden is the perfect way to finish out the afternoon or spend an evening under the stars.
- Bowl & Barrel: A full-service restaurant with an upscale 15 lane boutique bowling alley.
- Citizen: Perfect for anyone, whether you want to recline quietly with a friend and enjoy a drink, wander through the patio, dance the day away on the dance floor, or sit at the bar.
- House of Blues Dallas: Offering live music and iconic Southern dishes.
- Louie Louie’s Piano Bar: These piano players aren’t like the ones found in a nice restaurant; by taking your requests, every night is a new show.
- The Bomb Factory: World-class live music experience.
- Granada Theater: A unique special event and live music venue.
- Addison Improv Comedy Club: Essential to launching the careers of many familiar faces of TV and film, this club offers laughs, appetizers, entrees, desserts, and signature cocktails.
- Hyena’s Comedy Club: Featuring the best nationally recognized stand-up comedians.
- Dallas Comedy House: Offering affordable, quality shows five nights a week.
If you have some extra time to spend in Dallas before or after the ISSA Show, there is plenty of culture to soak up before you head home, including:
Arts and Culture
- Big D Fun Tours: Enjoy sightseeing at your own pace on this fully narrated hop-on hop-off trolley tour of Dallas.
- George W. Bush Library and Museum: After hearing the former president speak at the show’s closing keynote address, maybe take a quick journey to his official Presidential Library, located on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
- John F. Kennedy Memorial: Constructed by a family friend, this simple memorial is visited by hundreds of thousands of people annually.
- Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza: Located in the former Texas School Book Depository where evidence of a sniper was found in the aftermath of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, this museum presents a look at the social and political landscape of the early 1960s, chronicles President Kennedy’s assassination and its aftermath, and reflects upon his lasting impact on our country and world.
Be sure to share your Dallas pride (and pictures) on twitter with the hashtag #DALLASBIG for a chance to be featured on the Visit Dallas website.
During the week of the show, Dallas has an average temperature ranging from 56º Fahrenheit to 79º, with an average of 3.5″ of rain. To be on the safe side, it’s probably best to pack a light jacket for some cooler nights, but the daytime temperatures appear to be ideal for late October.
Take advantage of Free Bussing!
D-Link is the FREE way for visitors to see the best of Dallas. Click here for further details.
SAVE BIG AT SOME OF DALLAS’ TOP SPOTS
Click here to find awesome deals! Show the deal to the vendor by either printing or showing directly from smart phone